羽之助の帝紀

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

New Blog Name + Fuck You, Windows

As you may have noticed, I changed the name of my blog. It's no longer 大日本帝國, "Empire of Great Japan" in reference to the nineteenth and early twentieth century imperialism that I spend so much of my time on, but 羽朝帝國, a moniker that combines the characters from my personal name (羽刀) with that of "empire" and "dynasty". So, the new name for this blog is "Empire of the Ha Dynasty". And the only reason I came up with it was because I needed something to replace the ganguro girl's picture of my MSN avatar, since that period of hilarity has been long dead. Yeah. I suppose I could call it "Empire of the Yu Dynasty", but that's too Chinese (sorry everyone, Japan's my first love, though China is a close second!), and "Feather Dynasty" is way too ... well, you know.

On another note, Fuck You, Windows. Fed up with Internet Explorer crashing on me EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN DAY, I downloaded and installed Firefox and am very pleased with it! But of course Microsoft's incredible farsightedness saved the day, as the Japanese IME running on this hunk of junk OS (still Win98) doesn't come up for Firefox. It doesn't come up for MSN or a whole bunch of MS applications either. Of course, who would want to use Japanese for anything other than IExplore, Outlook, or MSWord??? Yet another reason why my next computer will be a Mac. The current Jet in Ichinoseki tells me that there's a Yodobashi Camera in Sendai - I think I'll have to make a trip there in September. Ugh, I hope I can survive two months with no computer.

But yeah, go Firefox.

2 Comments 論評:

  • Thankfully Firefox will run on macs, too. Just make sure to get/hang on to a three-button mouse because I'm pretty sure Apple still thinks that one single button is all the mouse functionality you need.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/15/2005 8:56 AM  

  • Yeah, yay for non-platform performance. But I know what you mean about Apple. Do their mouses/mice have a scroll-wheel, I wonder?

    By Blogger 羽之助, at 6/15/2005 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment 論評を書いておく

<< Home