羽之助の帝紀

Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Return of Captain Cheap

Well, after receiving my JET guidebook, it turns out I'll need at least 20万円 to cover start-up costs, because I don't get paid for an entire month. When the pay comes, it will be great (about 30万円), so I don't have to worry, but the initial month will be interesting ...

I figure that after monthly living expenses in the Falls subtracted from my estimated gross pay, I will be left with 4万円 by the end of July. A 16万円 shortfall. Hmm. I already have 2万円 left over from the Japan trip, bringing my total up to 6万円. What else can I do?

I'll try and sell my furniture and things, return the Playstation (idiot!), and generally not go shopping or have fun this summer. I can handle that. If I can just pay my rent for the first month, I can survive like I did on exchange - on curry, rice, and noodles. 300円 a day in food? Don't tell me I can't do it!

So to everyone, be advised that Captain Cheap is back.

And Sahla Thai was closed for some reason on Victoria Day, so we ended up getting Indian curry. Not too bad. And my last outing for the summer, it was.