羽之助の帝紀

Thursday, June 02, 2005

DDR and Information Sessions

Turns out the Great Canadian Midway at Clifton Hill has a DDR machine. Went with Lisa and her cousin two nights ago and had a lot of fun, except that Lisa LIKES TO PUSH BUTTONS WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS!!! But hey, it was a fun wine, salad, and spaghetti-filled evening.

Yesterday I went to Toronto to attend my first JET information session, which was pretty useless for me since I knew just about everything. But at least I got to meet a few of the other people, and I didn't loathe them immediately, to my surprise. Since the session didn't start until 6:30 I walked around downtown with Akiyo, Chiharu, and eventually Tony once his film classes finished. The girls tried on clothes (all we did was go to Gap, fcuk, Zata, fill-in-strange-store-name-here), Tony and I watched. So it was somewhat fulfilling, I suppose.

I also really really hate Toronto. Every single time I go, I get lost. Coming back, I got lost trying to find the bus terminal (and NO ONE in Toronto knows where it is - "a bus? what's that?"), and missed my ride back to Niagara Falls by five minutes and had to wait almost two hours for the next one. But I also by chance met Jeremy, my balcony-mate from first-year, who was coming back from North Bay! Nice!

The next JET session is at the end of June. Only 59 days until departure, now.