羽之助の帝紀

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Stupid




We had two Stupid Customers last night. Wow.

First was the black girl. I knew should would be trouble. "Why can't I have the red menu?" "Because it's the exact same as the black one you're holding." "Well," she said defiantly, "Where are the rolls and things, then??" I swear, she was SMIRKING at me. I sighed, flipped the page of the menu she was holding, and say "There". "Oh," she says. Then she rallies. "Where are the pictures??" I sigh, go to the sushi bar and return with one of those placemats that has pictures of the food on it. God, if you're not going to eat teppan food, don't sit at the damn teppan table. Anyway, she ordered a roll, fried rice, shrimp on the rice (whatever), and miso ramen. No problem, I thought. Then she tried to order the extra toppings. No, I said, they already come with the ramen. See, it says extra.

When coming by the table later, I find she's eaten the roll and nothing else. "Why didn't you tell me this noodle soup was as big as my head?" she complained. Moron. How big did you think a ten-dollar ramen would be? Look at the damn picture. See those eggs? Those are not quail eggs or any other kind of miniscule egg. Chicken eggs, the kind we normally eat. Compare that to the size of the bowl.

And there was the other woman. Took forever to decide what to drink, what to order (only sushi - at the teppan table! Die!!), eventually getting a california roll and one piece of unagi and hamachi. Then she wants steak, you know, sliced beef. Those are NOT the same thing! So I put it on for her, checking with her to make sure that she just wants the meat - no soup, salad, rice, vegetables, nothing. Because she doesn't want to spend a fortune on dinner. The chef is cooking, puts vegetables on the other guy's plate - and what do we hear? "Hey, where are my vegetables? Why don't I get any onions?"

STUPID.