羽之助の帝紀

Sunday, May 01, 2005

紹介

All righty, here we go with the first blog entry. The main reason I'm going to (attempt to) keep a blog is to let my family and friends know what the hell I'm up to when I'm in Japan, for my vacation (which starts in 5 days! whoo!) and for the JET Programme (which starts in August - double whoo!).

I have, in the past few days, foolishly bought a PS2, because it was on sale, used. And I really, really want to get back into the Final Fantasy games. If I modify it at P-Mall then I can play Japanese games too when I take it over.

And my last essay is still not done. Six pages to go, but I doubt I'll make it. The thing is, it's gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore - I want to graduate!

And, for when my Chinese friends inevitably enquire as to why I chose "Blog of Imperial Japan" as my title, my response will be a) I like the way the traditional rendering of 國 looks, b) my major's history - of course I'm going to be interested in such things, and c) up until the annexation of Korea, I think the Japanese Empire was a rather cool place to be, with the exception of the First Sino-Japanese War.

Today's plan: get dressed, tell people I have a blog so they no longer think I'm dead, finish this damn essay, go to work.